We were feeding the fishes and the duckies some popcorn at the lake today :)
In your pj`s? Duckies judge you know..
Somehow in less than 24 hours of posting this photo it has 200+ notes. Holy fuck! I am now compelled to reply to all the comments. :3
- @Pricklylegs: (Which i suspect for this crazy amount of photo popularity :) Ariel PJ’s were a requirement for “Spirit Week” at school. It was to promote getting a full nights rest before exams! So hopefully the duckies don’t judge too harshly.
- @ goddessofavalon They swarm as soon as they see the first piece of popcorn floating on the water. It all started by accident years ago when one of the marina’s just tossed out their stale popcorn. The fish went crazy happy for their new treat and it’s been tradition ever since!
- @ susiedanslecielaveclesdiamantsAren’t her PJ’s just adorable :D Also, the circular things are quite friendly and without teeth, if that helps lessen the freaky from this photo!
- @ mysocialhalitosis The ducks are not uncomfortable, i promise. They are actually quite mean. They bully the fish underneath them and almost always try and steal the popcorn before the freaky fish suckers get a chance to suck up their piece!
- @ lonelyboy21 With these fish, the shit is always real!
- @allisonhm This isn’t even close to being all of them. Toss a big bag of popcorn and they all rise to the surface and cause a big splash frenzy!!
- @whatever-happens-this-is Seriously a fishing pole would be over kill. A net would work quite swell…however none of these fishes can be fished from the lake. It’s against the rulez.
- @tangledntwo Why would you die a little? This place is at Smith Mountain Lake :)
- @corpsey They have no teeth and the grip of their lips is really quite limited.. SO much in fact they could suck on fingers and toes and not cause harm!!
- @marelorne I’m sure the fish have turned on the ducks many times but the ducks have the advantage since their beaks hurt worse than these little fishie guys suckers!
- @callitfriendo I’m sorry that i brought your worst fear to your dash. My apologies. I promise they aren’t anything to be afraid of!!
- @mysugacube These fish do look fucking weird but they are Carp. Same family as the brightly colored Koi fish and your average Goldfish :D
- @wickedoriginal These will follow anyone with popcorn. It’s their absolute favorite!
Thank you for everyone who commented or liked. The little girl in the picture will be very happy to know how popular her PJ’s were :D
You can visit these fish year round and it is absolutely free! Visit http://www.bridgewaterplaza.com for more details!
I think I have an addiction… to having multiple monitors. One is just not enough! Also, what is not pictured here is my desktop PC hiding under the desk which supports the very left screen only. Again, one is just not enough! When having to chain myself to this desk 8hrs a day I’ve got to have my creative space.. or pixel space in this case.